Whether it is work, the kids, dinner, the chores, or the in-laws, every one of us mothers get stressed out. How a mother deals with her stress sets an example of how her children deal with stress. So it is important for us mothers to take our stress very seriously. But how do we know what is best for stress relief?
Here is a list of some quick ways to deal with stress:
1) Meditation– Meditation is a great method to use when you are feeling stressed. This method can be easily learned and used to wipe away a whole day’s worth of stress, even work-related. I like to sneak somewhere quiet(like the bathroom, lol) and meditate or pray.
2) Yoga– Yoga has many benefits that you can enjoy to help calm and relax your body and mind. Some simple yoga poses can reduce stress, tension, and anxiety.
3) Scents– There are so many different scents available for aromatherapy that can be useful to help soothe and calm the body, what women doesn’t enjoy a good scent? I love the smell of lavender candles it is sooo soothing. Plus, anything purple and I’m sold. Put them around you while you take a nice warm bubble bath. Ohhhh Yeah! Essential oils are a great way to relax you after a stressful day, plus they provide many different health benefits. To learn how essential oils can help you with stress click here.
4) Deep breathing– These simple but effective maneuvers can send signals to the brain to calm you down and help you relax. there are many different breathing techniques that you can use that are an easy and effective way to help you with stress. For breathing exercises click here.
5) Tea– there are many different teas that can be used to calm and relax the body. Pour me a cup! Green tea is my all-time favorite, but I prefer ice tea to hot. Click Here To Check Out The Best Stress Relieving Teas
6) Exercise– The endorphins released when you exercise can help you sleep. Exercise with the kids if you can’t find the time for yourself. My daughter and I love to do squats together. There are so many different exercises to choose from so do something you like. For a list of exercises that are great stress busters click here.
7) Massage– Studies show massage can reduce stress. Oh, now this momma likes! What a great excuse to get daddy to get the lotion and get to rubbin’. Or, have the kids pitch in, lol!
8) Take a walk– Like other exercises walking releases those endorphins which sends a signal to the brain to relieve pain and help you to rest which in return relieves stress. Pull out the earbuds and the cellphone and play your favorite tunes. Unless your kids are anything like mine and they have to walk with you then you can just let them talk you to death. Lol, just kidding! Mommy still needs ME time, right?
Figuring out what is best for stress relief may take time for you. I may get instant relief from my stress with yoga where you make like walks. Take everything one day at a time. Get into a schedule and start with one healthy habit at a time. Play around until you find what works for you. Remember, you are a MOM. You are not doing this just for yourself but for your family. Our children will grow up and be thankful for our healthy choices.
“Manage a Stress-Free Life So You Can Take Care of a Stress-Free Home”
Do you have any routines that help you manage your stress? I would love to hear about it in the comment section below. Your feedback is important to me. Anything you want to ask? Please feel free to use the comment section below.