In a recent post we talked about how aromatherapy oil diffusers are great for stress, now we are going to talk about the best rated essential oil diffusers.
I often find that when my home is free from clutter and smells fresh, it is an added relief from stress. Aromatherapy is an effective tool to use smells to tap into the mind and provide relaxation. There are many essential oils available that you can use with a diffuser to aid with anxiety and stress:
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)
- Rose (Rosa damascena)
- Vetiver (Vetiveria zizanioides)
- Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata)
- Bergamot (Citrus bergamia)
- Chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile)
- Frankincense (Boswellia carteri or boswella sacra)
Diffusers can help you enjoy all the benefits of essential oils. Diffusion is the process of using heat and water. During this process, tiny molecules of the essential oil are released into the air. Through the inhalation of the oil, the molecules are passed through our lung, brain, and kidneys. Inhalation is the second best way to to get the oils into the bloodstream after injection. There are four different types of diffusers; nebulizer diffuser, ultrasonic/humidifier diffusers, heat diffusers, and evaporative diffusers. Since nebulizer and ultrasonic/humidifier diffusers are best for the therapeutic purpose we will talk a bit about them.
- Nebulizer Diffusers- Nebulizer diffusers do not require any water or heat to get the essential oil into the air. The oil is pulled from the bottom of a tube to the top through a vacuum, airflow at the top of the tube blows the oil away in a fine mist. It is considered the best diffuser for the therapeutic use of essential oils because it allows the whole oil to fill the room with tiny droplets.
- Ultrasonic/Humidifying Diffusers- Ultrasonic diffusers are similar to nebulizers because they create a fine mist, but the method is different. Water is transformed into vapor without heat energy being used, instead, a small disk under the surface of the water is caused to vibrate very fast by electronic frequencies.
Here are 2 of the best-rated oil diffusers I like.
1.PuraSense 15-hour Runtime 200 ml Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser – 24 Color Mood Light
Product Description: The PuraSense Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser is a long-lasting diffuser that has an air purification system which can reduce airborne allergens and toxins such as carbon monoxide, bacteria, dust, and pollen. It also has its own patented technology which takes essential oils and breaks them down into microparticles without the use of heat which preserves the benefits of the oil.
Best Place to Buy: Amazon.com
- Long Lasting: 15-hour runtime on our lowest mist setting and 9-hour runtime on our highest mist setting
- Lifetime Warranty
- 24 Color Mood Light
- 4 functions in 1: aroma diffuser, portable humidifier, air purifier, night light lamp
- Quiet enough to sleep with
- 9 hour on low and 15 hours on high setting
- Shuts off when water is depleted
- Doesn’t provide much detail in the manual on how to set the timer or add oils.
- Takes longer to fill larger rooms with scent
2.NexGadget 400ml Ultrasonic Aroma Essential Oil Diffuser, Wood Grain Cool Mist Humidifier for Home Living Room Baby Room Study Office Spa Yoga, 4 Timer Setting With Auto Shut-off Function
My Ratings: 4.8 out of 5
Best Place to Buy: Amazon.com
Product Description: NexGadget ultrasonic faux wood grain diffuser takes water and essential oils and turns them into a cool mist which preserves the health benefits of the essential oils and at the same time provides the room with humidity. This woodgrain design makes it a great decorative piece for any room.
- Auto Shut Off when water is depleted
- Easy controls: 3 touch sensitive button controls: Light, Mist Output, and Timer Setting
- 45-Days Money Back and 18 Months Warranty
- It can be used as an ionizer, air purifier, and night lamp.
- There is a max waterline but it doesn’t say “max water line” on the line which is dangerous.
Of the two, the second one is my favorite. I love its design. The wood goes great with other furniture and it looks more high end. The mist is more apparent than the other diffuser. I love how the smells fill the air much better than something as simple as Febreze and you get the benefits of stress relief and it is much more natural and better for your lungs.
Other Natural Ways to Freshen Your Home
If you don’t have a diffuser here are some quick ways to freshen your home.
- Essential Oil Spray – Fill a small spray bottle with 10-15 drops of essential oil and 4 ounces of water and you have your own natural air freshener.
- Scented Toilet Paper – Take two cotton swabs and dip each end in some essential oil and fasten the cotton swab inside the toilet paper roll for your own scented toilet paper.
- Stovetop Potpourri – You ever walk into Grandmas house for Christmas and smell that delicious smell of cinnamon and apple brewing on the stove. Stovetop potpourri is a great way to freshen your house anytime, just put some lemon and herbs in a pot and let them brew. You can make your own recipes too!
Do you currently use a diffuser? If you have any experiences with diffusers you would like to share I would love to hear about them, just leave a comment below. Any feedback is always welcome!